Sunday 20 January 2013

I Traded My Michael Kors For a Baby Wrap.



This is me nearly exactly 10 months before I found out I was pregnant. I had known hubby for 6 weeks when he flew to Hawaii on Christmas Eve to meet my mom and I for a 5 day vacation. For me, this moment, this picture, this outfit, THESE SHOES, symbolize an era: my 20s. I found this dress and these shoes at the Macys in Waikiki. I had dropped about 20 pounds and 2 sizes earlier that year when my ex and I split and I hadn’t felt this sexy since I was about 21 years old... and haven’t really again since. The shoes are Michael Kors suede with about a 4” heel. I was lucky I didn’t break my neck. This week, I sold these shoes, along with a few others, online in a local bidding swap. Why you ask? To fund new wraps. I traded my Michael Kors for a baby wrap.


So, let this post and these pictures serve as a before and after. There’s no doubt in my mind which brings me more happiness. Not a superficial happiness of looking in the mirror and liking the image that looks back; but a deep rooted happiness that comes from learning a new skill as a mother that allows me to bond closer with my child. My 20s are nearly gone and I had a lot of beautiful shoes, but I have no problem with my hallway shoe closet slowly becoming a closet full of items like carriers, wraps and other devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment