Monday 4 March 2013

Product Review: Stoneworks Jewellery

I must start this post with a preface: my mother is the creator of this company and makes this product with her husband, BUT, my review will still be honest and integral. Scout’s honour.

I remember when my mom made her first piece of jewellery. I assumed, like many people no longer occupying their time with work every day, that this was a new “hobby,” much like golf, or knitting. As she started building more and more pieces and extended her clientele beyond just friends and family, it became clear that this was more of a calling than a hobby. For as long as I can remember by mother has always loved jewellery... like a lot... more than most people. I never really understood why, being a tom boy and everything. It wasn’t until she started crafting her own that everything clicked for me. This was her passion, a way to express herself and wow, along with partner Bob, they make some gorgeous stuff!!

Their company is called Stoneworks Jewellery and they hand craft their unique, guaranteed one of a kind pieces from only the finest metals and genuine gem stones. Initially, Jane only worked with sterling silver, but since meeting Bob, they’re jumped head first in to using copper and brass as well and the copper pieces are stunning. The two source on the finest of rare and top quality gem stones to incorporate in to their artwork. Not only is each piece guaranteed one of a kind, but they offer a lifetime warranty on their work as well. My favourite aspect of their company is that they will do custom designs. I described to them last spring what I envisioned for my bridesmaid’s and they nailed it!!


The final point I would like to make about Stoneworks Jewellery is the price. Somehow, Jane and Bob have managed to maintain reasonable pricing as their business grew. You can always find pieces starting at $10.00 (which I always appreciated as I shopped for friends on a student or mat. leave budget) right up to their elaborate pieces that are still offered at a fraction of what you would pay from a jewellery store or high end boutique; and yet, the pieces are made from the same high quality materials and are also completely unique.

Too see more of what Stoneworks has available, check them out on their website or their Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment